Tracker requires the services of a Device Test Engineer in our Technology Department. The Device Test Engineer will be responsible for producing test plans, procedures, and tools to test internally developed and sourced electronic products to ensure they are market ready. Test all such products and their services in accordance with the approved test plans to ensure functional and reliable operation as expected, before being released for integration testing. Should you be interested in this challenge and meet the job requirements, please forward your application before the closing date.
- Deliver firmware and hardware testing on time, in budget, at the defined quality level in a sustainable way.
- New product configuration, implementation and testing before the UAT phase.
- Evaluate and update device integration and usage documentation.
- Ensure “first time right” products are delivered to and assist the integration test team.
- Meet best practice criteria in the evaluation and testing of hardware and firmware.
- Maintain the device test environment tools and equipment.
- Develop formal test plans for approval.
- Execute the approved test plans.
- Provide comprehensive test results and reports.
- Complete assistance requests in appropriate timescales.
- Error investigation and reporting.
- Assist with support and maintenance of Tracker’s operational devices and systems.
- Share knowledge with development and support teams.
- Document devices, components and features, including enhancements to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Share knowledge with fellow test engineers.
- Ensure that the approved test and development processes and standards are followed.
- Effective use of testing toolset.
- Follow department development standards.
- Preparing any required documentation needed (example Change Control Board).
- BSc/BEng Computer, Electronic Engineering degree or National Diploma.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in telematics advantageous.
- Proven Analytical and Test skills.
- SQL Server experience beneficial.
- C /Java & C# Development experience beneficial.
- Python Programming advantageous.
- Verbal & Written Communication Skills.
- Computer and math skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Standard Microsoft Office efficiencies are required.