Tracker requires the services of a Junior Data Scientist in our Technology Department. The Junior Data Scientist will be responsible for design, analyse, develop and deliver sophisticated data science and machine learning solutions, results and products in a telemetry/telematics engineering environment by utilising relevant experience with mobile/accelerometer signal and data processing, along with strong mathematical, systems engineering and/or computer scientific skillsets. Should you be interested in this challenge and meet the job requirements, please forward your application before the closing date.
- Deliver data science and related projects on time, in budget, with the desired functionality, at the defined quality level in a sustainable way.
- Develop innovative and sophisticated but sustainable and producible ML/Data Scientific solutions based on telemetry data/telematics data/mobile data/other sensor data sources.
- Meet best practice criteria in the testing of software.
- Complete work orders in appropriate timescales.
- Maintain and systems without introducing new defects.
- Enhance systems to support and move to new technologies.
- Share knowledge with development and support teams.
- Document systems, including enhancements to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Ensure that the approved best practice development processes and standards are followed.
- Effective use of development toolset.
- Follow department development standards.
- BEng/BSc (4 years) (completed) or BEng/BSc Honours (Completed) or Meng/MBSc (completed or in progress) or
- Strong preference for Engineering degree with relevant software, systems and data research/development focus/exposure
- Electronic / Electrical or Computer or Systems or related Engineering.
- Computer Science, in combination with strong Statistical, Mathematical and Applications Development
- Minimum last 2 years C/C /Java/Python development experience
- Minimum 1 years direct hands-on software development experience in an Engineering and/or Software Development environment.
- Minimum 1 project direct hands on experience in Telematics/IoT/Telemetry related industry.
- Advanced Linux
- MatLab and/or R
- C# or C or Objective-C or C
- Java or Scala
- Hadoop (or MS Azure versions)
- Spark and/or Yarn (or MS Azure versions)
- First-hand experience in Engineering Research projects and/or Data Scientific Research projects with a strong focus on Engineering research for purposes of implementation.
- Minimum exposure to 1 project where full responsibility for all work, from data gathering from raw source (preferably sensor based raw data), to analysis design, to machine learning/optimisation/statistical approach, to final results, culminating in (formal or informal) publication of results.
- Demonstrate proficiency with university level Engineering mathematics
- Demonstrate proficiency with university level statistics
- Demonstrate proficiency with either R/MatLab or Python SciKitLearn MathLibs StatsLibs.
- Analysis research execution, analysis, delivery of results.
- Experience with concepts such as Quaternions, Adaptive Low Pass Filters, FFT, Linear Algebra, Advanced Calculus, Pattern Detection Approaches, Moments Analyses, etc.
- Application of statistical hypothesis testing, distribution matching, etc.
- Exposure to concepts such as hyper-parameter optimisation, multi-model comparison, etc.
- Sufficient exposure to Best Practice Software Engineering experience important (version control e.g. Git, test cases, etc.)
- Comfortable database and data centric work experience of relevance.
- Exposure to any Cloud technologies an advantage.
- Ensures high quality.
- Encourages collaboration and delivering within the delivery processes.
- Continuous self-learning
- Able to work effectively on own.
- Able to work effectively within a team.