Tracker requires the services of a Lead Developer in our Development and Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver solutions to achieve customer satisfaction, while working within a team. Should you be interested in this challenge and meet the job requirements, please forward your application before the closing date.
- Technical leadership in delivery of Data Engineering products and solutions, within team and potentially across teams.
- When relevant, effective management of staff in data engineering teams.
- Continuously align delivery to the Tracker and Data Science team strategy and planning.
- When relevant, provide input into the annual salary review process as and when required.
- Deliver strategic projects on time, in budget, with the desired functionality, at the defined quality level in a sustainable way.
- Define and design architecture/technical implementation related to area of responsibility, while collaborating with other managers, leads and architects.
- Meet best practice criteria in the evaluation and testing of software.
- When relevant, assure that team members adhere to and follow these practices.
- Complete work orders in appropriate timescales.
- Maintain and systems without introducing new defects.
- Enhance systems to support and move to new technologies.
- Share knowledge with development and support teams.
- Document systems, including enhancements to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Mentor and coach Junior Developers.
- Ensure that the best practice development processes and standards are followed.
- Effective use of development toolset.
- Follow department development standards.
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Team player.
- Encourages collaboration and delivering within the delivery processes.
- Able to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to maintain personal growth and continuous improvement.
- Experience in SCRUM AGILE methodology.
- Experience in C , C#, .NET Core, WCF and WebAPI required.
- Experience in writing conformant and portable C , targeting both Linux and Windows systems an advantage.
- Experience with Azure DevOps (GIT and TFS) or MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) would be advantageous.
- Experience in SQL Server 2016/9 required, including:
- Relational database design
- Extensive and complex SQL queries
- Experience in SQL Reporting Services advantageous
- Writing high performance and scalable multi-threaded systems experience advantageous.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience and Microservices Architecture beneficial.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) designation is advantage.
- Exposure to good coding standard practices and source code configuration management.
- Experience in SOLID, KISS, TDD, DDD and Clean Coding practices advantageous.