Tracker requires the services of a Senior Firmware and Hardware Engineer in our Technology Department. The Senior Firmware and Hardware Engineer will be responsible for delivery of firmware and hardware solutions to achieve customer satisfaction, mentorship of fellow development team members. Should you be interested in this challenge and meet the job requirements, please forward your application before the closing date.
- Deliver firmware and hardware projects on time, in budget, with the desired functionality, at the defined quality level in a sustainable way.
- New product firmware design, implementation and testing before the UAT phase.
- Analyse and design of hardware and firmware, while collaborating with other role players.
- Meet best practice criteria in the evaluation and testing of hardware and firmware.
- Formal test plan, testing test results.
- Complete work orders and assistance requests in appropriate timescales.
- Maintain and enhance firmware without introducing new defects.
- Enhance firmware and systems to support and move to new technologies.
- Error investigation and reporting.
- Corrective action design and implementation.
- Assist with support and maintenance of Tracker’s operational devices and systems. When relevant, assure that team members adhere to and follow these practices.
- Share knowledge with development and support teams.
- Document systems, including enhancements to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- When relevant, mentor and coach Junior Developers.
- Ensure that the best practice development processes and standards are followed.
- Effective use of development toolset.
- Follow department development standards.
- Preparing any required documentation needed (example Change Control Board).
- BSc/BEng Computer or Electronic Engineering degree.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Significant and demonstratable Firmware development experience in :
- Designing embedded system software, including using RTOS’s
- C programming and the reliable implementation of firmware for standalone and remote device operations)
- Sensor and data acquisition system development, specifically the use, developing and implementations of algorithms for sensors such as Temperature, Accelerometers, Gyro’s and inertial system algorithms.
- ARM microprocessors and its architectures (Cortex M, STM32, etc).
- GSM/GPRS/SMS modems and communication GSM & LTE networks interfaces
- TCP/IP stacks and IP communications
- Lora and Sigfox modems and communication
- Testing of embedded firmware based products
- Design patterns
- Signal processing
- Experience and Knowledge required
- OpenAT operating system (Wavecom/Sierra Wireless)
- Java programming.
- RF-based development experience beneficial (443MHz / 868MHz / Lora Sigfox )
- C# development
- Experience in C
- Experience in SQL Server
- Experience in assembly programming.