Tracker requires the services of an Installation Technician in the Installations Department. This department is responsible for effective installations of sophisticated electronic equipment into various types of vehicles. This position requires the candidates complete all tasks schedule by the scheduling department efficiently and according to the set Tracker standards. The candidate will also be required to support the existing organization, the staff within the department, the different departments and the branches in the various regions when required.
The candidates must be customer service driven and be able to work independently. Attention to detail and meticulousness is an inherent requirement of the job. The candidate must be well presented.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform installations of sophisticated electronic units into various vehicle types including motorbikes, trucks, buses and plant machinery.
- Perform the installations as per the set standard of quality.
- Perform the installations at a site convenient to the customer.
- Communicate with the customers regarding the installation process in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation associated with the installation.
- Provide customer service in accordance with a set standard.
- Be responsible to determine and request additional stock in advance avoiding unnecessary delays.
- Perform your duties in a cost effective manner.
Qualifications, experience and qualities required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an auto electrician, motor mechanic, installation of Tracking devices, vehicle accessories and vehicle alarms.
- Matric will be advantageous
- National Technical Certificate in Automotive Electronics/Motor Mechanic would be advantageous
- Valid driver’s license (not less than 12 months)
- Computer literate
- The candidate must possess good communication and administrative skills.
- Possess good fault finding skills and techniques.
- Possess the necessary skills to deliver service excellence.
- Be prepared to travel.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, please note that your application has been unsuccessful