Tracker requires the services of a Team Lead: Development in our Technology Services Departments API Team. The Development Team Lead will be responsible for delivering technology solutions to achieve customer satisfaction, while managing a team.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver strategic projects on time, in budget, with the desired functionality, at the defined quality level in a sustainable way.
- Continuously align delivery to the Tracker and team strategy and planning
- Maintain systems without introducing new defects
- Enhance systems to support and move to new technologies
- Ensure that self and team follow best practice development processes and standards
- Self and team to meet best practice criteria in testing of software
- Self and team to effectively use development tool set
- Self and team to follow department development standards
- Self and team to share knowledge with development and support teams
- Self and team to document systems, including enhancements to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Define and design architecture/technical implementation related to area of responsibility, while collaborating with other managers, team leads and architects
- Ensure that time is spent on personal training and development that is aligned with job profile
- Effective management of all staff in the team
- Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure optimal performance and staff development
- Ensure timeous completion of performance review process
- Provide input into the annual salary review process as and when required
- Ensure recruitment and development of staff in the department to meet operational requirements
- Ensure that mentorship programmes are active and working within team
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ related work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ managing development teams
- Experience with MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) would be advantageous
- Experience in SQL Server would be advantageous
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience beneficial.
- Exposure to good coding standard practices and source code configuration management
- Standard Microsoft Office efficiencies are required.
- Relevant programming language experience as per relevant team
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, please note that your application has been unsuccessful