Tracker requires the services of a Business Intelligence Developer in our BI Department. The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible to create Business Intelligence Solutions within the chosen tool such as Qlik; maintain the existing models that have already been created; and develop new models in order to obtain meaningful insights from the data collected and allow business to make more informed strategic decisions.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to specify the actual requirements for the project and agree on the end result to be achieved.
- Create a project scope based on the need and requirements from business to optimise resources and agree timeous delivery with business.
- Conduct risk evaluation and identify potential obstacles during initial engagement with business to identify feasibility and reasonable time frames for delivery of the project.
- Liaise directly with the relevant Project Manager in ensuring successful delivery of projects.
- Conduct relevant analytics on the data in question in order to meet business strategic objectives.
- Conduct proactive analytics of customer behaviour that could potentially impact Tracker’s service offering.
- Provide analytic insight to be used for new business potential (revenue growth) as well as process streamlining and cost optimisation.
- Manage time and resources effectively to ensure delivery of projects.
- Anticipate strategic needs and launch proactive analyses on behalf of business.
- Continuously search for opportunities for improvement of existing models, processes and solutions and effect such improvements.
- Assume responsibility for the development of new models and recommend best in class tools that should be utilised within the BI environment.
- Transition with new systems and platforms within Tracker to ensure integration with current BI tools and models (continuity).
- Training, knowledge sharing and equipping BI team members on models created within the BI team, including the demonstration of such new models.
- Guidance and empowerment for business on models created and how to utilise them effectively.
- Play a mentoring and upskilling role for the less experienced members of the team.
- Continuously drive the automation of existing tools and models.
- Provide technical support for existing reports, dashboards and BI tools.
- Create and Maintain reports using BI tools such as SSRS, SISS and Visual Studio.
- Make recommendations on the replacement of older technology by ensuring compatibility within the Tracker technological landscape.
- Provide insights through the expert use of relevant models and tools that drive business value in strategic decision making.
- Provide training and guidance to relevant stakeholders where required.
- Draft relevant SOPs for stakeholders where required.
- Present findings and insights in alignment with original request or business challenge.
- Conduct timeously follow-up with relevant stakeholders to confirm successful delivery.
- Continuously strive to improve the manner in which data is visualised and presented in order to exceed the expectations of business.
- Ensure effective cross-functional Tracker relationships through sharing information to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that output delivered meets the initial request.
- Schedule regular interactions with relevant business stakeholders to stay in touch with business requirements and strategic objectives.
- Initiate knowledge sharing and education sessions with key stakeholders to ensure sound understanding of solutions provided.
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
- Degree or diploma within Information Technology
- 5 Years’ experience in business intelligence (ETL processing, SQL reporting etc) is essential
- 3 Years’ experience within the data modelling environment.
- Qlik products and tools certifications
- SQL skills
- Completed Predictive analytics training
- Microsoft Stack – SSRS, SSIS, SSAS certification
- SQL qualification and Qlik qualification; and BI Analytics qualification.