TRACKER requires the services of an Internal Auditor the successful candidate will be required to review and assess process controls and practices, as well as related procedures according to the annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Act at all times in accordance to the IPPF (International Professional Practices Framework) as mandated by the Institute of Internal Auditors South Africa (IIASA) and all other relevant legislation and best practice.
- Perform audit projects in line with the Tracker Internal Audit Methodology.
- Provide administrative support and assist in the development and maintenance of departmental documentation.
- Work towards the department’s performance targets and maintain suitable records to demonstrate this
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Building relationships with all levels of the business to effectively carry out audit focus and strategies, i.e. promote the value of the function.
- Assisting in the development of the internal audit plan based on the internal risk management framework by independently identifying potential areas of risk requiring audit focus.
- Actively tracking the execution of the internal audit plan and escalate any delays to the Senior Manager.
- Conducting assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end.
- Identifying and communicating issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Ensuring audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Developing audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
- Producing audit reports and regular status reporting as required.
- Monitoring and reviewing of audit findings and follow up on clearance thereof.
- Liaison and coordination with external auditors and internal auditors
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
- BCom Degree Accounting Sciences/ Internal Audit
- BCom Honours Degree Internal Audit
· Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) NON-NEGOTIABLE
· Financial (accounting/ auditing), Technology audit experience
· Completed articles at one of the big-4 auditing firms NON-NEGOTIABLE
· Microsoft Office competency (Excel, Word) and related auditing software proficiency
· 4 - 6 years internal auditing experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
· Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
· Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
· Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, please note that your application has been unsuccessful