Tracker requires the services of a Head: Business Intelligence reporting to the Corporate Development Executive.
While the successful candidate will be expected to meet the day-to-day reporting and analytical requirements of the Business Intelligence unit, he/she will also be required to help set the Business Intelligence units to deliver deeper insights on the internal dynamics of Tracker’s business. The incumbent will also be required to partner with Tracker’s senior and executive management to, generate significant value-add to our channel partners.
Strategic / Business Role
- Set out and manage a rolling 3-year Business Intelligence strategy for Tracker which will include but not be limited to ensuring: required hardware, required software / analytics tools, required staff complement and associated skills, and engagement process with other parts of Tracker’s business are managed timeously.
- Automate Tracker’s analytics environment as far as possible, to maximise resources available to deliver advanced (predictive and prescriptive) business insights.
- Work closely with Tracker’s Development & Engineering team(s) to ensure that the data required to perform analytics and generate the required insights is collected, stored and continuously available.
- Identify and remediate barriers that prevent the Business Intelligence unit from delivering against agreed milestones.
- Together with Tracker’s Human Capital team, ensure that the Business Intelligence team is appropriately (number and diversity of skills) staffed.
- Manage the Business Intelligence team through setting of and monitoring of KPA and provide the required leadership and mentorship – establish principles and processes to ensure the team spends time on personal training, development and mentoring that is aligned with their job profiles.
- Lead the close working relationship with Tracker’s Development and Engineering and various business departments.
Manage & Enhance Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Influence the selection, collection and availability of data required to deliver the required insights, by establishing a close business relationship with Tracker’s Development & Engineering team(s) and business unit heads.
- Integrate Business Intelligence reporting and analytic tools into core processes across Tracker’s business units; play a key role in the product lifecycle management process.
- Manage day-to-day Business Intelligence requests from internal clients and together with senior and executive management, develop a prioritisation framework.
- As required, provide technical leadership to the Business Intelligence team in respect of analytics and business insights.