Tracker requires a Lead Developer who will be responsibly for delivery of solutions to achieve customer satisfaction, while working within a team. This is a specialised senior developer without all the team responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver strategic projects on time, in budget, with the desired functionality, at the defined quality level in a sustainable way.
- Continuously align delivery to the Tracker and team strategy and planning
- Maintain systems without introducing new defects
- Enhance systems to support and move to new technologies
2. Engineering processes and environment
- Ensure that self and team follow best practice development processes and standards
- Self and team to meet best practice criteria in testing of software
- Self and team to effectively use development tool set
- Self and team to follow department development standards
- Self and team to share knowledge with development and support teams
- Self and team to document systems, including enhancements to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Define and design architecture/technical implementation related to area of responsibility, while collaborating with other managers, team leads and architects
3. People and Culture
- Effective delivery management of all staff in the team
- Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure optimal performance and staff development
- Provide input to the annual salary review process and performance reviews as and when required
- Provide input on recruitment and development of staff in the department to meet operational requirements
- Relevant Degree or Diploma or Relevant Work Experience required
- Minimum 10 years related experience
- Ensures high quality
- Encourages collaboration and delivering within the delivery processes
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Experience with MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) would be advantageous
- Experience in SQL Server would be advantageous
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience beneficial.
- Exposure to good coding standard practices and source code configuration management
- Standard Microsoft Office efficiencies are required.
- Relevant programming language experience as per relevant team
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Assist with tasks as assigned from time to time
- Might be required to work extended hours – as and when agreed