TRACKER requires the services of an Officer – Procurement in the Finance Department at our Johannesburg Head Office. We require a diligent and self-motivated individual, who can be a part of a performance driven team. Should you be interested in this challenge and meet the requirements, please forward your application before the closing date.
Key roles and responsibilities:
· Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and internal Purchase guidelines and monitor and report accordingly
· Establish and maintain the departmental policies and procedures in line with policies landscape and liaise with relevant finance areas
· Provide the required support during the B-BBEE Verification Audit to ensure a successful annual verification
· Monitoring the department buyers (purchasers) to provide guidance and monitor adherence to the purchasing and procurement processes
· Continuous stakeholder engagement with business units and suppliers to build relationships, provide business with guidance (spend, contracts, supplier monitoring)
· Oversee the vendor loading process (vendor requests verification, AP account creation monitoring) and ensure that the SLA with business units are maintained
· Streamline the vendor database and develop and maintain approved vendor list and evaluate on a continuous basis
· Streamlining the B-BBEE audit process, monthly monitoring of the B-BBEE status, and the identification of early payment suppliers
· RFx Process Management (action requests from business , enhance the RFx process & collaborate with Buyers, request for Quotation Co-ordination, follow the Adjudication process, awarding, price & term negotiations)
· Review and monitoring of vendors against key indicators (critical vendors) and liaising with Legal accordingly
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
· Relevant bachelor’s degree in supply chain management
· Project management qualification is advantageous
· CIPS or related certification in progress is advantageous
· Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency
· 3 -5 years’ experience within procurement
· Strong analytical, problem solving, written/ verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
· The ability to visualise, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts and make decisions that make sense based on all available information. Particularly important in the selection of vendors.
· Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task. This includes the aptitude for ambiguous and complex concepts and processes.
· Driving the procurement process by designing, implementing and managing projects to a successful conclusion. Establishing accountability, establishing timelines and establishing goals are paramount.
· The ability and drive for achieving and surpassing targets against set standard of excellence. This is about showing a passion for continuous improvement with a commitment to continuous improvement in the procurement process.
· The ability to leverage interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key stakeholders
· The ability to think carefully about the likely effects on others of your words, actions, appearance, and mode of behaviour. The ideal professional selects the words and actions most likely to have the desired effect on the group or individual in question.