Design and Development of Web Fleet Application as front end for the Tracker Business Division.
Delivery of strategic project: Telematics Fleet Management Application
- Take responsibility for the definition and design, web architecture and technical implementation of a new generation web-based Telematics Fleet Management Application for Tracker Fleet Clients, Multi-vehicle customers and Tracker’s own Fleet Manager, in collaborating with other Tracker development managers, team leads and solution architects.
- Design and deliver the web-based Fleet Telematics Application using the Tracker BOS and Connect APIs.
- As a Tracker project it must be delivered on time and within budget.
- Deliver the required functionality to compete effectively in the SA market, and with defined quality levels.
- Deliver a complete product that can operate reliably in its expected digital / IT environments.
- Deliver new and innovative functionalities and continuous enhancements to the Tracker Fleet Web environment.
Compliance with best practice and guidelines for Software development
- Meets best practice and design criteria in the design, development coding, testing and maintenance of software.
- Software best practices shall include:
- Tracker Development and DevOps processes
- Tracker Test and QA processes
- Coding styles and Test templates
- Documentation styles and quality
- Software maintenance and Sustainability
System maintenance and support
- Assist with Tracker System and Software deployment, maintenance and support as instructed.
- Complete such work orders in appropriately planned timescales.
- Follow best practices to maintain systems and software without introducing new failures or defects.
- Enhance systems to support and move to new technologies.
- Being in a Specialist Position with practical experience, the specialist shall ensure he/she stays up to date with his specialist field
- The specialist shall share his leaned skills, expertise and experiences in web design and fleet management applications, with his colleague, development and support teams (Mentoring)
- Ensure software documentation in the software code and external documentation to for sustainable support and knowledge sharing.
- Mentor and coach Junior Developers.
Engineering processes and environment
- Ensure that the best practice development processes and standards are followed.
- Ensure effective use of Trackers tools and development environments.
- Ensure Tracker is aware of the latest and most applicable tools and initiate processes to acquire these.
- Follow and enhance the department’s development standards, ISO9001 processes and documentation as applicable.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience
- 6+ years of Stolen Vehicle Recovery and Fleet Management Tracking Systems development.
- SCRUM Agile SDLC experience required.
- Extensive Web Design & Development required.
- Experience in C#, .NET Core, OData, OAuth, RESTful APIs, WebAPI, Angular, SignalR and HTML5 required.
- Experience with Web Site optimisation required.
- Experience with responsive design and progressive web applications advantageous.
- Experience with Docker, REDIS, RabbitMQ, Elastic Stack advantageous.
- Experience in TypeScript advantageous.
- Good knowledge of typical design patterns.
- Experience with TDD and DDD advantageous.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) would be advantageous.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment in Azure DevOps would be advantageous.
- Experience in SQL Server 2016/9 beneficial.
- Experience in SQL Reporting Services advantageous.
- Multi-threaded and parallel development experience advantageous.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience beneficial.
- Microservice Architecture experience beneficial.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) designation is advantage.
- Exposure to good coding standard practices and source code configuration management.
Relevant Degree or Diploma