|Job title:||Radio Frequency Network Engineer|
|Min Salary (p/m):||Market related|
|Max Salary (p/m):||Market related|
|Tracker requires the Services of a Radio Frequency Engineer in the Technical Department; Based in Port Elizabeth. This department is responsible for maintaining, repairing and commissioning of RF sites|
|Skills, Experience & Education
• The incumbent must be in possession of the relevant tertiary qualification - National Diploma, Higher National Diploma or a BTech Degree (Electrical Engineering - light current).
• The incumbent must have a minimum of five years work experience, obtained within a telecommunications environment.
• Technical knowledge, relating specifically to RF systems, communication systems and antennas.
• Posses good fault finding and analytical skills.
• Posses good administrative skills.
• Be prepared to travel.
• Be computer literate (MS DOS, MS Office, Linux) and a self-starter.
• Fall Arrest certification would be advantageous.
|Key roles and responsibilities:
• Monitor the existing radio frequency network and ensure maximum availability, with minimum downtime.
• Maintain, repair and upgrade the existing radio frequency network, of high sites and repeater sites.
• In consultation with the Network Planning Personnel, identify areas where RF coverage is inadequate and commission new sites in these areas.
• Manage an effective preventative maintenance plan, pertaining specifically to the radio frequency network.
• Install, maintain, repair and upgrade the network of telemetry field units, used to tests customer’s vehicles.
• Manage an effective inventory control system, relating specifically to the various components of the radio frequency network.
• Manage configuration control and engineering change procedures and documentation.
• Manage all fixed assets relating to the network, and ensure that they are maintained in a serviceable condition at all times.
• Ensure that any work carried-out to the radio frequency network is completed in the most cost effective manner.
• Liaise with internal / external customers on issues pertaining to the radio frequency network.
• Assist with new developments and modifications, pertaining to the radio frequency network.